One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The branch of engineering concerned with the design and operation of industrial chemical plants.
- ‘He hopes to have a career in chemical or chemical engineering research.’
- ‘The assistant professor of chemical engineering is getting recognition for her research into biodegradable polymer materials that could aid nerve regeneration.’
- ‘His father, however, disliked Alfred's interest in poetry and in order to broaden his horizons, sent him abroad for further training in chemical engineering.’
- ‘Environmental, petroleum and chemical engineering are among Kuwait's priorities.’
- ‘Around this time his father began to suggest that Nick should study ‘something with substance’ and follow his lead into chemical engineering.’
- ‘He also serves as professor of chemical engineering and professor of medicine.’
- ‘She has completed similar surveys of chemical engineering and physics departments, and reports that the results are almost as bad.’
- ‘You don't talk about civil engineering or chemical engineering - you talk about environmental engineering.’
- ‘The understanding and development of these operations gave rise to the branch of engineering called chemical engineering.’
- ‘She earned degrees in physical chemistry and chemical engineering from the University of Cape Town in South Africa.’
- ‘An extensive background in chemical engineering, missile design, or bacteriology is a good start.’
- ‘I don't know whether to go for chemical engineering or electrical engineering.’
- ‘He also plans to study chemical engineering at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in the fall.’
- ‘Despite working for a degree in chemical engineering, Wigner studied mathematics and physics in his own time.’
- ‘Biological processes are the next big thing in chemical engineering.’
- ‘Titanium linings for mild steel vessels, a major advance in chemical engineering, call for special study by the welding technologist.’
- ‘Dave followed in his father's footsteps and earned a degree in chemical engineering from the University of California - San Diego.’
- ‘Civil and chemical engineering salaries remained relatively stable, but electronic engineers were hit badly by the downturn in the technology sector.’
- ‘From his isolated vantage point in chemical engineering, he seems to have been spared discussions on his campus that the new general education curriculum initially provoked.’
- ‘I read many books and obtained significant knowledge in chemical engineering, physics, and mathematics.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.