One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
adjective & noun
- former term for Abbevillian
- ‘Thus the evidence points clearly to the Chellean or Lower Tyrrhenian age.’
- ‘This is a satire about the introduction of systematic education to meet survival needs in a prehistoric tribe in the Chellean times.’
- ‘The most ancient stages are the so-called Chellean, followed by the Acheulean and then the Mousterian.’
- ‘This article will take up the Eolith display, and the Pre-Chellean, Chellean, and Acheulian periods.’
- ‘His search, however, was for proof of the use of a specific Chellean hand-axe style found in other parts of the world.’
Late 19th century: from French Chelléen, from Chelles, near Paris, where tools from this period were discovered.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.