One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A mite that infests cheese.
- ‘Common members in this group of tiny mites include the cheese mite, flour mite, and grain mite.’
- ‘The commonest food mites are the grain mite, the cheese mite and the mould mite.’
- ‘The cheese mite, known to cause dermatitis, is larger than both the grain mite and the mold mite.’
- ‘One of the interesting things about this cheese is that the dimpled rind is created by cheese mites which chew on the cheese and are periodically brushed off.’
- ‘Some require washing in brine or alcohol solution to impart flavor, while others simply need to be flipped and brushed every now and then to get rid of cheese mites.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.