One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He regarded the entire game cheerlessly.’
- ‘The President slumped cheerlessly into the leather-clad chair facing his desk.’
- ‘Notable and new, to me at least, was the spectacle of matronly gents dressing up as their mothers, aunties and schoolmarms in dowdy conservative outfits, cheerlessly dispensing disapproval over all.’
- ‘Herman smiled cheerlessly, ‘and it's just beginning too.’’
- ‘He replied cheerlessly, scarred hands slipping into his pockets humbly.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.