One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A cloakroom in a hotel or theatre.
- ‘By scanning the ring the guard could see that they had paid the entrance fee and in the same way they checked in their coats in the checkroom.’
- ‘Then he leaves the ballroom, grabs his raincoat from the checkroom, and heads home.’
- ‘Shortly after 6 o'clock, according to the detectives, he called at the Grand Central checkroom for the suitcase.’
- ‘‘Damn it, Rena,’ Greg White says, taking hold of Rena Carlson's arm when he finally catches her near the coat checkroom.’
- 1.1 An office for left luggage.
- ‘There is another checkroom located in the lower level of the center.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.