One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A bearing rein.
- ‘Bridles are split crown with side check reins, available with either round or square blinds.’
- ‘After attaching the check rein loosely the pony is walked around to get used of it.’
- ‘He bridles the horse, and secures the end of the check rein over the left head post, or to the picket rope.’
- ‘The use of bitless bridles, bearing reins and check reins is prohibited except for hackneys in special classes or on road drives.’
- ‘The excess check rein can be cut and removed after the final tightening of the check reins.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.