One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Of low cost and bad quality.‘the materials can seem a bit cheap and nasty’
- ‘Rather than being cheap and nasty and unstable (like everything else at that store), they seem to be actually quite sturdy and rather pleasing on the eye.’
- ‘They are cheap and nasty, and limit the sound quality enormously.’
- ‘And people from abroad don't expect things to be cheap and nasty.’
- ‘People should be made to realise that a bike is a serious investment, or they're going to buy something cheap and nasty and not enjoy the cycling experience as much as if they'd spent a bit more.’
- ‘That doesn't necessarily mean cheap and nasty, though.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.