One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who likes to chatter.
talker, chatterer, jabberer, babbler, prattler, blatherer, praterView synonyms
- ‘A chatterbox she may be, but when Julianne Moore opens her mouth, she's worth listening to.’
- ‘Not a word came out of the two chatterboxes for a moment.’
- ‘It's a week of mad, mad chatterboxes so get creative about extricating yourself from unwanted conversations.’
- ‘They are also known as a couple of chatterboxes so for them, a sponsored silence is no mean task.’
- ‘Adu this is Anu and she is the chatterbox I was telling you about earlier.’
- ‘Team talks, though, are still Coyle's domain, and those who know the chirpy chatterbox will be surprised to learn that, in his initial effort, he did not talk for long enough.’
- ‘I manage a smile, but I'll never be able to tolerate their chatter even though I'm a chatterbox too.’
- ‘Mobile chatterboxes can expect a new-year bonus, with phone companies desperate to persuade customers to try their latest services, such as music downloads and picture messaging.’
- ‘Judging by the differing accounts of the various things the admiral is supposed to have said as he lay there surrounded by his officers and a surgeon, he must have been a regular chatterbox.’
- ‘Little of his output was significantly different from the likes of Steve Wright or other zany chatterboxes.’
- ‘Before this happened to Sharon she was lively and a real chatterbox.’
- ‘Perhaps next time the chatterboxes will save their yakking for after the season.’
- ‘The two of us are chatterboxes and we tackle our problems together.’
- ‘I am an amazing chatterbox at home, but I have to restrict myself at school’
- ‘The mother of two daughters and four sons, Mrs Scadden was a part-time cleaner ‘who was a bit of a chatterbox and a bubbly person’.’
- ‘She's a chatterbox, with a good sense of humour.’
- ‘The difference between us is, Lucian is shy and I'm a chatterbox, except when I am painting.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.