One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘So the people putting together the maps and the statistics deserve support, not blame or chastisement.’
- ‘However, sadly, there are too many people for whom physical chastisement or emotional abuse is the normal pattern of behaviour, irrespective of whether they are natural born parents or a de facto partner of a parent.’
- ‘Most people come to parenthood with a determination to spare their children the deprivations and chastisements of their own youth.’
- ‘I fell victim to similar chastisements on the journey there, and I had merely bemoaned the lack of air conditioning.’
- ‘One woman demonstrably took his side when it was obvious that our glances and verbalizations were chastisements.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.