One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in the UK) an award granted to institutions for exceptional public service under the terms of the Citizen's Charter.
- ‘The Wandsworth Interpreting Service was praised as ‘first class’ when it scooped a Charter Mark award for its work.’
- ‘I visited a unit that had been awarded a Charter Mark.’
- ‘Electoral Registration Service staff were delighted when they received news of being awarded the prestigious Charter Mark for the fourth time.’
- ‘Both courts have received a Charter Mark, after implementing open days to explain procedures, and improving access for the disabled.’
- ‘The Passport Agency was awarded the Charter Mark in 1992.’
- ‘Staff at Burnley, Pendle and Rossendale Primary Care Trust are celebrating after scooping a Charter Mark for the fourth time.’
- ‘The Youth Enquiry Service has been awarded the Quality Charter Mark for General Help by the Community Legal Service.’
- ‘Bedford Hospital's Hotel Services team has picked up a Charter Mark award for excellence.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.