One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in the UK) an award granted to institutions for exceptional public service under the terms of the Citizen's Charter.
- ‘The Passport Agency was awarded the Charter Mark in 1992.’
- ‘I visited a unit that had been awarded a Charter Mark.’
- ‘The Wandsworth Interpreting Service was praised as ‘first class’ when it scooped a Charter Mark award for its work.’
- ‘Bedford Hospital's Hotel Services team has picked up a Charter Mark award for excellence.’
- ‘Both courts have received a Charter Mark, after implementing open days to explain procedures, and improving access for the disabled.’
- ‘The Youth Enquiry Service has been awarded the Quality Charter Mark for General Help by the Community Legal Service.’
- ‘Staff at Burnley, Pendle and Rossendale Primary Care Trust are celebrating after scooping a Charter Mark for the fourth time.’
- ‘Electoral Registration Service staff were delighted when they received news of being awarded the prestigious Charter Mark for the fourth time.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.