Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A combination of a charmed quark and antiquark.
- ‘Using the ingredients from those calculations we calculate also exclusive electroproduction of charmonia off nuclei.’
- ‘The measurement of the production rate of the J / and other charmonium mesons was a key indicator of possible new phenomena in the pioneering CERN experiments.’
- ‘The hadron is represented by an external color field and the charmonium is represented by a small color dipole.’
- ‘Comprehensive reports on the physics of charmonium production are available.’
- ‘In collisions at high energies, charmonium particles come from the decay of b-flavoured hadrons and prompt production.’
1970s: from charm.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.