One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An institution offering training in social graces such as etiquette.‘not all of the bar staff appear to have benefited from a stint at charm school’
- ‘But he did manage himself like a charm school valedictorian.’
- ‘Dressing in my normal charm school uniform of a pleated skirt, white blouse, and black knee-highs, I joined Seth downstairs.’
- ‘Her sister was still in her last year of charm school, which Natasha had narrowly graduated from the year before.’
- ‘I shook his hand in the way two years of charm school had taught and smiled.’
- ‘Obviously break-ups were not something they covered in charm school.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.