One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A bracelet hung with small trinkets or ornaments.
- ‘Jo looked down and took off her charm bracelet and held it over Nadia.’
- ‘She held up a silver-plated charm bracelet with charms in the shape of a musical note, a paintbrush, a ballet slipper, and an inkwell all dangling from it.’
- ‘Forget the gold charm bracelet and chunky gold necklaces, big does not have to be brash!’
- ‘Maybe she would want a silver necklace, or perhaps a charm bracelet?’
- ‘Her silver charm bracelet dangled onto her homework.’
- ‘Much to my delight, it turned out to be a silver charm bracelet.’
- ‘Brian and Karen got me a gilded charm bracelet, ‘So you can put all your favorite things on there and stuff!’’
- ‘More within the reach of the novice collector are the myriad of smaller novelty pieces, from the cameo brooch to the charm bracelet.’
- ‘My father's mother had a charm bracelet, and I didn't know this.’
- ‘It had hearts on it and looked a bit like a charm bracelet.’
- ‘From her brother, sister-in-law and niece, she had gotten money, some new charms for her charm bracelet, and some accessories for her dorm room.’
- ‘‘Maybe this whole thing was just a fling and nothing more,’ she thought as she looked at her charm bracelet.’
- ‘They made off with a silver charm bracelet, two passports, a gold brooch and a silver chain.’
- ‘The silver charm bracelet clinked under his fingers.’
- ‘These would have been strung together perhaps as necklaces or wrist pieces as early examples of a charm bracelet.’
- ‘The charms on her silver charm bracelet clinked together.’
- ‘I turned the radio on and jangled the charm bracelet on my wrist.’
- ‘She wore a pearl charm bracelet on her wrist and bounded down the stairs.’
- ‘It was then that he noticed that she was wearing the charm bracelet again.’
- ‘So, as of yesterday, I've earned the right to wear the charm bracelet I've had since 2002 and been unable to wear for nearly two years now.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.