One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A bracelet hung with small trinkets or ornaments.
- ‘From her brother, sister-in-law and niece, she had gotten money, some new charms for her charm bracelet, and some accessories for her dorm room.’
- ‘I turned the radio on and jangled the charm bracelet on my wrist.’
- ‘Brian and Karen got me a gilded charm bracelet, ‘So you can put all your favorite things on there and stuff!’’
- ‘It had hearts on it and looked a bit like a charm bracelet.’
- ‘The charms on her silver charm bracelet clinked together.’
- ‘Her silver charm bracelet dangled onto her homework.’
- ‘These would have been strung together perhaps as necklaces or wrist pieces as early examples of a charm bracelet.’
- ‘Maybe she would want a silver necklace, or perhaps a charm bracelet?’
- ‘She held up a silver-plated charm bracelet with charms in the shape of a musical note, a paintbrush, a ballet slipper, and an inkwell all dangling from it.’
- ‘Much to my delight, it turned out to be a silver charm bracelet.’
- ‘Jo looked down and took off her charm bracelet and held it over Nadia.’
- ‘They made off with a silver charm bracelet, two passports, a gold brooch and a silver chain.’
- ‘It was then that he noticed that she was wearing the charm bracelet again.’
- ‘My father's mother had a charm bracelet, and I didn't know this.’
- ‘She wore a pearl charm bracelet on her wrist and bounded down the stairs.’
- ‘So, as of yesterday, I've earned the right to wear the charm bracelet I've had since 2002 and been unable to wear for nearly two years now.’
- ‘‘Maybe this whole thing was just a fling and nothing more,’ she thought as she looked at her charm bracelet.’
- ‘Forget the gold charm bracelet and chunky gold necklaces, big does not have to be brash!’
- ‘More within the reach of the novice collector are the myriad of smaller novelty pieces, from the cameo brooch to the charm bracelet.’
- ‘The silver charm bracelet clinked under his fingers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.