One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A bracelet hung with small trinkets or ornaments.
- ‘Jo looked down and took off her charm bracelet and held it over Nadia.’
- ‘Brian and Karen got me a gilded charm bracelet, ‘So you can put all your favorite things on there and stuff!’’
- ‘It was then that he noticed that she was wearing the charm bracelet again.’
- ‘From her brother, sister-in-law and niece, she had gotten money, some new charms for her charm bracelet, and some accessories for her dorm room.’
- ‘Forget the gold charm bracelet and chunky gold necklaces, big does not have to be brash!’
- ‘She held up a silver-plated charm bracelet with charms in the shape of a musical note, a paintbrush, a ballet slipper, and an inkwell all dangling from it.’
- ‘Maybe she would want a silver necklace, or perhaps a charm bracelet?’
- ‘The silver charm bracelet clinked under his fingers.’
- ‘The charms on her silver charm bracelet clinked together.’
- ‘It had hearts on it and looked a bit like a charm bracelet.’
- ‘My father's mother had a charm bracelet, and I didn't know this.’
- ‘She wore a pearl charm bracelet on her wrist and bounded down the stairs.’
- ‘‘Maybe this whole thing was just a fling and nothing more,’ she thought as she looked at her charm bracelet.’
- ‘Much to my delight, it turned out to be a silver charm bracelet.’
- ‘More within the reach of the novice collector are the myriad of smaller novelty pieces, from the cameo brooch to the charm bracelet.’
- ‘They made off with a silver charm bracelet, two passports, a gold brooch and a silver chain.’
- ‘Her silver charm bracelet dangled onto her homework.’
- ‘I turned the radio on and jangled the charm bracelet on my wrist.’
- ‘These would have been strung together perhaps as necklaces or wrist pieces as early examples of a charm bracelet.’
- ‘So, as of yesterday, I've earned the right to wear the charm bracelet I've had since 2002 and been unable to wear for nearly two years now.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.