One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘His tastes are certainly catholic, taking in performances less open-minded pundits might dismiss as charlatanism.’
- ‘The origins and vicissitudes by which the field has passed have not always distinguished it from religion, alternative healing practices, superstition, and also charlatanism.’
- ‘I have been accused of perfidy, malingering, duplicity, charlatanism and forty other words that I don't know the meaning of.’
- ‘His mixture of naiveté, charlatanism, and singular devotion to a unique vision make him a genuine frontier spirit, a real-life American folk hero for the '80s, and a precious natural resource.’
- ‘His spirit was critical and reform-minded, along the lines of the French philosophes, who defined themselves as the adversaries of superstition and charlatanism.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.