One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A sponsored walk to raise money for a charity.
- ‘The card game takes place in aid of a charity walk in Peru to raise funds for the Multiple Sclerosis Society of Ireland.’
- ‘She would like to thank all the people from Athy and the surrounding area who sponsored her on her charity walk.’
- ‘Not long after that, she did a charity walk, walking 8.3 miles on behalf of the Multiple Sclerosis Society.’
- ‘The money was raised from their annual charity walk.’
- ‘This would also save me from having to do a charity walk to raise funds for cancer care.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.