One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A linear sequence of characters stored in or processed by a computer.
- ‘Data is then either stored as an image or encoded as a character string.’
- ‘But when you create and maintain localized versions of your knowledge base, your search engines must be adapted to recognize non-English character strings and search multiple multilingual databases.’
- ‘The remaining character string, or ‘tag’, is still sufficiently unique for processing purposes.’
- ‘Each requires you to enter an encryption key as a hexadecimal number, which requires a complicated conversion if you want to work on a network that expects an ordinary character string as a key.’
- ‘Signature filters use algorithms to produce a short character string to uniquely identify e-mail signatures.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.