One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A style of ballet deriving inspiration from national or folk dances, or interpreting and representing a particular profession, mode of living, or personality.
- ‘So, the character dance ended with lots of smiles and bravos!’
- ‘The 70 dancers will be working on creative, contemporary and Polish character dance, classical ballet and modern jazz.’
- ‘Maria Fay had been teaching character dance at The Royal Ballet, and I loved it, so I decided to study ballet with her as well.’
- ‘Currently she takes ballet, jazz, tap and national character dance lessons at three north coast dance schools, and she plans to pursue a career in dance in the future.’
- ‘It was under Hamblin that the ballet department initiated an emphasis in teaching and in character dance.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.