One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small stick of a cosmetic substance used to prevent chapping of the lips.
- ‘Other than eating greens and drinking milk, using chapstick, lip-gloss, or lipstick, will help keep your lips soft.’
- ‘Bryan has packed five tubes of chapstick in his travel bag.’
- ‘I rimmed my olive colored eyes in massive amounts of eyeliner, swept on some mascara and swiped on chapstick.’
- ‘The use of chapstick and skin and eye ointment is imperative in preventing and minimizing the effects of wind and sand.’
- ‘She put on her chapstick, and drew on her high eyebrows a tad darker.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.