One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small stick of a cosmetic substance used to prevent chapping of the lips.
- ‘Other than eating greens and drinking milk, using chapstick, lip-gloss, or lipstick, will help keep your lips soft.’
- ‘Bryan has packed five tubes of chapstick in his travel bag.’
- ‘She put on her chapstick, and drew on her high eyebrows a tad darker.’
- ‘I rimmed my olive colored eyes in massive amounts of eyeliner, swept on some mascara and swiped on chapstick.’
- ‘The use of chapstick and skin and eye ointment is imperative in preventing and minimizing the effects of wind and sand.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.