One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The branch of mathematics that deals with complex systems whose behaviour is highly sensitive to slight changes in conditions, so that small alterations can give rise to strikingly great consequences.
- ‘It is a straightforward popular science treatment of the mathematics and science behind chaos theory.’
- ‘At first we weren't talking chaos theory, but it gravitated there.’
- ‘Their research is among the earliest in large parameter theory and played a role in the development of the modern theory of dynamical systems and chaos theory.’
- ‘The use of chaos theory and fractal dimension analysis is widespread.’
- ‘Yet recent breakthroughs in chaos theory and quantum mechanics, for example, also suggest that the workings of the universe cannot be predicted with absolute precision.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.