One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A long-legged African hawk with pale grey upper parts, throat, and breast, noted for its prolonged musical fluting call.
Genus Melierax, family Accipitridae: three species
- ‘In the southern Kalahari alone, two mammals and five birds were observed to follow foraging honey badgers with the most common associations between honey badgers and pale chanting goshawks.’
- ‘Except for a few species, like the chanting goshawks, the vocals are not melodic, but a series of short, loud calls or whistles.’
- ‘This town is also the area where the most abundant numbers of pale chanting goshawks are to be found.’
- ‘He was an exceptional guide, able simultaneously to drive a 4WD vehicle, identify a juvenile pale chanting goshawk and relate a children's story about why warthogs run with their tails held erect.’
- ‘Along with these come the exotic birds of prey such as greater kestrels and pale chanting goshawks.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.