One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Sweetened or flavoured whipped cream.
- ‘The curd is more lemony than a lemon drop and therefore the Chantilly cream is the perfect topping.’
- ‘And the warm sweet-potato pie with Chantilly cream is sublime.’
- ‘The Chantilly cream can now be smoothed or piped over the topping of the pie.’
- ‘With your spatula, spread the Chantilly cream on top of the cake in a circular motion until it is flat and smooth.’
- ‘All these come with aerosol Chantilly cream, a French quirk.’
Mid 19th century: named after Chantilly, a town near Paris, where it originated.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.