One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A common North American freshwater catfish which has a pale blue to olive back with dark spots.
- ‘The twin lakes are stocked with channel catfish, blue catfish, bluegill sunfish and largemouth bass.’
- ‘Researchers have identified naturally occurring antibiotics in channel catfish that may be a promising indicator for monitoring fish health in the expanding aquaculture industry nationwide.’
- ‘A slightly longer ride on the eastbound bus, and you could be chasing channel cats and smallies on the Mississippi.’
- ‘Genetic research on channel catfish - the most commonly used species - began in the mid-1960s.’
- ‘Another characteristic of channel catfish is the ability to hear sounds.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.