Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A common North American freshwater catfish which has a pale blue to olive back with dark spots.
- ‘Another characteristic of channel catfish is the ability to hear sounds.’
- ‘Researchers have identified naturally occurring antibiotics in channel catfish that may be a promising indicator for monitoring fish health in the expanding aquaculture industry nationwide.’
- ‘A slightly longer ride on the eastbound bus, and you could be chasing channel cats and smallies on the Mississippi.’
- ‘The twin lakes are stocked with channel catfish, blue catfish, bluegill sunfish and largemouth bass.’
- ‘Genetic research on channel catfish - the most commonly used species - began in the mid-1960s.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.