One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘For example, channel-surfers will find the 921's program-listing grid easier to navigate, with buttons on the remote to skip ahead in 24-hour chunks.’
- ‘Airing every Saturday from 9 p.m. to 10 p.m. on Discovery Channel, it might be just what channel-surfers needed.’
- ‘I'm not sure if the film was meant to appeal to multi-taskers or channel-surfers, but the overall effect lands somewhere in between.’
- ‘Later that evening, as I turned to the television to soften my insomnia, I began thinking that if a single neuron were conscious, its consciousness would resemble a channel-surfer's.’
- ‘She was in her uniform, so it was unlikely that a channel-surfer (if there were any, in this case) would have to guess who his guest was.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.