One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘She was in her uniform, so it was unlikely that a channel-surfer (if there were any, in this case) would have to guess who his guest was.’
- ‘Airing every Saturday from 9 p.m. to 10 p.m. on Discovery Channel, it might be just what channel-surfers needed.’
- ‘For example, channel-surfers will find the 921's program-listing grid easier to navigate, with buttons on the remote to skip ahead in 24-hour chunks.’
- ‘I'm not sure if the film was meant to appeal to multi-taskers or channel-surfers, but the overall effect lands somewhere in between.’
- ‘Later that evening, as I turned to the television to soften my insomnia, I began thinking that if a single neuron were conscious, its consciousness would resemble a channel-surfer's.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.