One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A mat on which a baby or young child is placed to have their nappy changed.‘we placed him on the changing mat on the floor’
- ‘She's been threatening to start crawling for a while now, mainly while attempting to escape from the changing mat.’
- ‘As all parents know, the space required for a person actually decreases with age, starting from the cavern required for a baby's bottles, prams, changing mats and other paraphernalia.’
- ‘Essentials worth getting include nappies, loads of cotton wool, baby lotion, and a changing mat.’
- ‘I leaned down to pick her up and didn't realize that the Velcro straps on the diaper were stuck to the changing mat on the table.’
- ‘Reusable nappies are perhaps best avoided at the wriggly and wanting to crawl off the changing mat stage.’
- ‘When the flight attendants called for advanced boarding, I quickly whipped out my changing mat.’
- ‘You might want a changing mat or baby dresser with a changing top.’
- ‘He was asked by a customer if he made the sort of baby bags that held infant paraphernalia and doubled as a changing mat.’
- ‘Our backpack came with a changing mat.’
- ‘I set her down on her changing mat and she thrashed her head and kicked out every which way.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.