One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A mat on which a baby or young child is placed to have their nappy changed.‘we placed him on the changing mat on the floor’
- ‘As all parents know, the space required for a person actually decreases with age, starting from the cavern required for a baby's bottles, prams, changing mats and other paraphernalia.’
- ‘Our backpack came with a changing mat.’
- ‘He was asked by a customer if he made the sort of baby bags that held infant paraphernalia and doubled as a changing mat.’
- ‘She's been threatening to start crawling for a while now, mainly while attempting to escape from the changing mat.’
- ‘When the flight attendants called for advanced boarding, I quickly whipped out my changing mat.’
- ‘I leaned down to pick her up and didn't realize that the Velcro straps on the diaper were stuck to the changing mat on the table.’
- ‘I set her down on her changing mat and she thrashed her head and kicked out every which way.’
- ‘Reusable nappies are perhaps best avoided at the wriggly and wanting to crawl off the changing mat stage.’
- ‘You might want a changing mat or baby dresser with a changing top.’
- ‘Essentials worth getting include nappies, loads of cotton wool, baby lotion, and a changing mat.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.