One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Exchange places or roles.‘under the bishop's plan, he and I were to change places’
- ‘The series gave six pupils and 10 teachers the chance to change places for a week, filming at a private boarding school in Scotland.’
- ‘In 1846 he maintained that the continents and oceans had never changed places and that the Earth's general framework was essentially stable.’
- ‘A few minutes later, she asked children to change places and continue painting the pictures which had been started by others.’
- ‘He thought the rich and poor should change places every week.’
- ‘For a period of about 10 days, each of the participants changed places with another participant, occupying the other's studio, home, country, and world.’
- ‘A boisterous group keen on having a good time, they kept changing places and pointing out landmarks on the ground below.’
- ‘Caroline told Wendy later, in total disbelief, that Pete had wanted them to change places so he could drive.’
- ‘Would you want to change places with a great-great-grandparent?’
- ‘It is difficult when on tours we have to change places very frequently.’
- ‘David Noonan changed places with Jimmy Barrett in the Kerry goal with all 16 players entering the fray at this stage.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.