One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He likes the chanciness of the San Andreas fault, on which he now lives in California.’
- ‘The main characteristic of my work is the contrast between chanciness and design.’
- ‘Seen from the standpoint of ordinary people, the essential theme of the the eighteenth-century experience was not so much achievement as the fragility and chanciness of life.’
- ‘The chanciness of anyone's coming-to-be is part of the human condition, like mortality.’
- ‘As Garry Wills states, ‘the chanciness of arousal shows the loss of the integrity, the unison, of body and soul’.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.