One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An Asian evergreen tree of the magnolia family, which bears fragrant orange flowers and is sacred to Hindus and Buddhists.
Michelia champaca, family Magnoliaceae
- ‘No garden is complete in India without its champak tree’
- ‘The legendary champak, a member of the magnolia family, is a native of the temperate Himalayan region.’
- ‘And she carried in her hand a champak flower; and she came up to the King, perfuming the air, and said: O King, my mistress sends her lord, by these unworthy hands, a flower, and if he has enjoyed good repose, it is well with her.’
- ‘He planted peltophorum in many roads and an avenue with champaks in Malleshwaram and called it Sampige Road.’
- ‘The champak odors fail like sweet thoughts in a dream’
From Sanskrit campaka.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.