One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The Flea's home in the Annex suggests television producers, academics and champagne socialism.’
- ‘Let's say this is a structural weakness of his oeuvre and - what the hell - of champagne socialism in general.’
- ‘In Oxford it seems that everybody loves him, and despite my champagne socialism I am no exception.’
- ‘Representatives of all political viewpoints, even champagne socialism, are welcome to participate.’
- ‘Lad culture has been discredited and champagne socialism has gone flat.’
- ‘Is it legitimate compassion, or a self-serving identification with the fashionable causes of the day, a champagne socialism that can go hand in hand with the process of personal enrichment?’
- ‘Balliol, predictably, are awkward too, eschewing a ball entirely in favour of a ‘Summer Event ’, presumably as Black Tie is a little bit too Black Shirt for their particular brand of champagne socialism.’
- ‘He, for example, is the supposed originator of champagne socialism.’
- ‘He is the best poster boy champagne socialism has ever had, and he's clearly drinking the finest vintages.’
- ‘How firm are the foundations upon which his brand of champagne socialism have been constructed?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.