One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A movable pipe organ for playing in a small concert hall, chapel, or private house.
- ‘They are La Castella of the disc's title: harpsichord, chamber organ, theorbo and cello.’
- ‘Next came a duet for chamber organ and cornetto by Palestrina, in which Jamie Savan showed what a master he already is of this tricky instrument.’
- ‘The Chamber Organ was an instrument of considerable popularity in the past, serving in many cases as a domestic instrument within the home.’
- ‘The blind organist André Marchal left him his chamber organ in his will; it was installed in the family house in Muswell Hill where Felix spent most of his 90 years.’
- ‘An alternative was the barrel organ, usually a small chamber organ for which the church could buy a selection of pinned barrels with the most popular hymn tunes of the day ready set.’
- ‘‘Organ Interlude’ is exactly that, a playful eight minutes, in which Weston extracts an impressive array of sounds from the chamber organ, with apposite responses from Coxhill.’
- ‘In 1972 a small two rank Chamber Organ was purchased for use in concerts and services.’
- ‘This was not an ensemble piece, but a solo performance by Fiona Russell, with chamber organ accompaniment.’
- ‘In addition to the palace there were many other historical settings and rooms to equip with English furniture of all sorts - even a chamber organ of about 1775 that Hood added in 1988.’
- ‘The continuo is completed by either the harpsichord (played by director Ottavio Dantone) or by chamber organ.’
- ‘Giovanni Picchi's Toccata showed off the chamber organ beautifully, sounding more like a church organ in some dusty, out of the way Italian town.’
- ‘This John Snetzler chamber organ has been loaned for the Gilbert Stuart concerts by the National Museum of American History.’
- ‘Starting on the small East-end Cousans and the Stow chamber organ they made the most of the different characters of C P E Bach's Four Little Duets, particularly the bright, perky No 4.’
- ‘The chamber organ was built by England & Son of London in 1790 and located in the Dining Room.’
- ‘However, being a fan of the chamber organ and baroque music in general, I popped the CD's into my player and was more than pleasantly surprised by what was on offer.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.