Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A national organization representing local Chambers of Commerce.
- ‘In 1988 the Chamber of Trade wrote to Craven District Council and suggested setting up a group to look into Park and Ride by approaching Craven Cattle Marts.’
- ‘I am urging members of the Chamber of Trade to keep in touch with this development.’
- ‘The Chamber of Trade will present its survey to Bradford Council planners when the application is decided.’
- ‘Organisations like the Chambers of Trade and Commerce, the Hospitality Association, the Federation of Small Businesses and First Stop York actively welcome the involvement of businesses of all shapes and sizes.’
- ‘The Chamber of Trade plans to meet Carnforth Town Council to discuss the issue on June 24.’
- ‘The Chamber of Trade will approach the council on issues affecting the town on behalf of businesses.’
- ‘The Chamber of Trade would collect the contributions.’
- ‘The Chamber of Trade embraced the design and secured funding from Booths supermarket and the Countryside Agency.’
- ‘The Chamber of Trade wants as many people as possible to access Blackburn town centre, whether to work or shop.’
- ‘Members of the Chamber of Trade, town centre management team and market manager all voiced strong objections to the site being used for a job centre and instead argued for retail space.’
- ‘According to the Chamber of Trade more needs to be done.’
- ‘And it has been backed by the Chamber of Trade and the privately-funded town centre managers.’
- ‘The Chamber of Trade has been keen to push for a speedy resolution to the problem to encourage shoppers.’
- ‘We agreed that they should meet more often, either through the Chamber of Trade and Industry or by presenting specific ideas for co-operation.’
- ‘Miles away, Germany's Chambers of Trade and Commerce calculate Jena in the former DDR attracts more venture capital per person and business than any town of comparable size on the continent.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.