One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A local association to promote and protect the interests of the business community in a particular place.
- ‘The Chamber of Commerce says the added costs for employers will ultimately force them to shed jobs.’
- ‘Invest in Bradford is a partnership made up of Bradford Council, the Chamber of Commerce and Job Centre Plus.’
- ‘The case is before the Arbitration Institute of the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce.’
- ‘Greeting visitors to Expo were the ladies of the Chamber of Commerce and Salisbury City Centre Management.’
- ‘Wootton Bassett was the only town at the North Wiltshire Festival to be represented by its Chamber of Commerce.’
- ‘The finalists of Mayo Business Awards have been announced by the Mayo Chamber of Commerce.’
- ‘The local Chamber of Commerce and Business Network International meetings are a great starting point.’
- ‘We do plan to consult with the Chamber of Commerce, but also businesses that are not part of the chamber.’
- ‘The event was opened by Owen Hughes, President of the Westport Chamber of Commerce.’
- ‘Final preparations for the Athy Chamber of Commerce New Year Ball are taking place.’
- ‘We have great support from our partners, such as the police, Chamber of Commerce, and the university.’
- ‘He played a leading role in the village drama society, Chamber of Commerce and other local clubs and organisations.’
- ‘This year the Erris Chamber of Commerce is organizing the Saint Patrick's Day Parade.’
- ‘The Chamber of Commerce has expressed a desire for the site to become a long stay parking facility.’
- ‘We are liaising very closely with the Chamber of Commerce because we do not want the problems we had last year.’
- ‘The indication from the Chamber of Commerce is that this is just a beginning.’
- ‘Ryanair s decision to use Kerry Airport was also welcomed by the Chamber of Commerce.’
- ‘Your local Chamber of Commerce and Business Link can provide a wide variety of opportunities for your idea.’
- ‘We wonder what the Chamber of Commerce and business people generally make of the situation.’
- ‘It had all-party support on the council and all the town's MPs supported it, as did the Chamber of Commerce.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.