One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘They gave a touch of delicate beauty to this challengingly inhospitable place.’
- ‘They don't bash their heads against the divider - they just splay their fins and the little ruff around their neck, and stare challengingly at one another.’
- ‘She stares challengingly into the camera lens.’
- ‘What is, on paper, a primarily interior experience, stumbles on film with a clunky visual style that remains merely literal instead of challengingly literary.’
- ‘And, more challengingly still, he wants the security response to take place ‘within rights’ rather than in opposition to them.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.