One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A talk or lecture in which the speaker uses a blackboard and chalk.
- ‘More elaborate blackboard economics, aka simulation models, add numerical magnitudes to the chalk talk.’
- ‘His handouts and chalk talks went into detail and complexity that went far beyond what I could use or grasp.’
- ‘A sales motivator, gives a chalk talk to a group of real estate salesmen on the techniques of making a sale.’
- ‘As a link pops up, he delivers a chalk talk on what this interactive approach could mean for building market share.’
- ‘Next week in Colorado Springs, USA Basketball holds its first post-Games chalk talk.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.