Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A talk or lecture in which the speaker uses a blackboard and chalk.
- ‘His handouts and chalk talks went into detail and complexity that went far beyond what I could use or grasp.’
- ‘More elaborate blackboard economics, aka simulation models, add numerical magnitudes to the chalk talk.’
- ‘A sales motivator, gives a chalk talk to a group of real estate salesmen on the techniques of making a sale.’
- ‘Next week in Colorado Springs, USA Basketball holds its first post-Games chalk talk.’
- ‘As a link pops up, he delivers a chalk talk on what this interactive approach could mean for building market share.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.