Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A railway carriage with adjustable seats in pairs either side of a central gangway.
- ‘In the train's single AC chair car coach that accommodates 72 passengers, there were only 10.’
- ‘My first ever trip was in the a/c chair car. 16 hours on board a train is as long and cramped as a trans-continental flight, but yet a memorable experience.’
- ‘It was the first class a/c chair car compartment.’
- ‘The reservation scheme, available now only in select trains and primarily in the sleeper class for short-notice travellers, will also be extended to all trains in sleeper, chair car, AC 3-tier and 2-tier classes.’
- ‘An air-conditioned chair car ticket costs Rs.365 and second class, Rs.132, inclusive of catering charges.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.