One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A harrow consisting of a net made of chains in a metal frame.
- ‘Ideal for pasture maintenance and renovation, robust Weaving Machinery chain harrows will give continuous service with the minimum of attention.’
- ‘The flexible chain harrow is a very useful and versatile implement.’
- ‘The major feature of these chain harrows is that they can be pulled in three different directions to suit the desired effect.’
- ‘You are also able to cover a bigger area faster and unlike the chain harrow it doesn't roll and compact the straw dung which we spread on the fields first.’
- ‘Those treatments were shallowly incorporated utilizing a 4 by 4 foot chain harrow pulled behind a Honda ATV.’
- ‘A pasture roller can be used in much the same way as a chain harrow with the exception that the roller is much less damaging to both weeds and pasture.’
- ‘Hard working and proven, chain harrows come in a variety of sizes, but predominately 1.2m or 1.8m.’
- ‘A rotary hoe, chain harrow or finger weeder can also be used effectively.’
- ‘All chain harrows feature rotating rings, spiked links and drawbars, and are available in 12 mm and 16 mm steel.’
- ‘The chain harrow uses dozens of heavy duty metal teeth that grab the soil and grade the surface to create a much smoother surface.’
- ‘Within just a few minutes the chain harrow can be adjusted to be pulled in the aggressive, less aggressive or inverted mode, or a combination of those modes.’
- ‘Use of chain harrows allows arenas or playing fields to become smooth and loosely packed, a safe surface for activities.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.