Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A gear transmitting motion by means of a moving endless chain, especially in a bicycle.
- ‘The timing chain gears, distributor drive gears, and even the oil pump gears are all bathed in engine oil.’
- ‘A connection of the drive shaft of the seeder with the ground wheel with help of a multistage chain gear permits to subject the number of seeds sown to a distance covered.’
- ‘I can't get the chain gear off the right side of the hub.’
- ‘The chain gears began turning and the lifting chain began to tighten.’
- ‘Since the large gear is connected to the top chain gear via the same axle, these two gears will always rotate by the same amount.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.