One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A gear transmitting motion by means of a moving endless chain, especially in a bicycle.
- ‘The timing chain gears, distributor drive gears, and even the oil pump gears are all bathed in engine oil.’
- ‘The chain gears began turning and the lifting chain began to tighten.’
- ‘A connection of the drive shaft of the seeder with the ground wheel with help of a multistage chain gear permits to subject the number of seeds sown to a distance covered.’
- ‘Since the large gear is connected to the top chain gear via the same axle, these two gears will always rotate by the same amount.’
- ‘I can't get the chain gear off the right side of the hub.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.