One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A gear transmitting motion by means of a moving endless chain, especially in a bicycle.
- ‘A connection of the drive shaft of the seeder with the ground wheel with help of a multistage chain gear permits to subject the number of seeds sown to a distance covered.’
- ‘I can't get the chain gear off the right side of the hub.’
- ‘The chain gears began turning and the lifting chain began to tighten.’
- ‘Since the large gear is connected to the top chain gear via the same axle, these two gears will always rotate by the same amount.’
- ‘The timing chain gears, distributor drive gears, and even the oil pump gears are all bathed in engine oil.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.