One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for chain mail
- ‘Blood blossomed on the tunic that he wore beneath his chain armor, and dizzying pain nearly knocked him out.’
- ‘The chest opened with a sleepy creak and he removed his lightweight chain armor that he had been given back in his knighthood.’
- ‘He wore a helmet of the kind that is called a basinet, with eye slits, and chain armour.’
- ‘They made tools, ploughshares, chariots, chain armour, and many more strong and serviceable implements.’
- ‘With her head held high and defiance still present in her eye, Amara went with the surly lot of leather and chain armor clad soldiers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.