One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I found even my good days weighing around my shoulders, with their own distinct smell wafting around my head like the scent that follows chain-smokers.’
- ‘There were so many weapons there that I did not even dare smoke and I am a chain-smoker.’
- ‘With water all around me I had little choice but to sit under a leaky tarpaulin beside chain-smokers and crying children, only now and then getting a glimpse up into the vast forests I was entering.’
- ‘Most of them are addicted, and many are chain-smokers.’
- ‘Not only was she one of the first chain-smokers, but she actually smoked in the street, was known to link arms with servants, and bicycled wearing Liberty frocks.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.