One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A dry white burgundy wine from Chablis in eastern France.
- ‘Bordeaux, Burgundy and champagne are generally over-priced, as are Sancerre, Chablis, Rioja, Barolo and almost anything from the United States.’
- ‘I was getting ulcers trying to decide if this Sancerre or that Chablis would be exactly right with the first course.’
- ‘Gastronomically, he compared Stella to a light red or dry white wine, Hoegaarden like a dry white wine with a sour note, such as a Chablis, Muscadet or Sauvignon Blanc.’
- ‘Oh no, the thought has just struck me, if the Salvation Army is there and they will be, there'll be no Rioja or Chablis, no Claret with dinner, and a social summer afternoon beer in Heaven's garden will be outlawed.’
- ‘Their Chardonnay wines remind one of well made Chablis, with a hint of California fruit at the finish.’
- ‘It's full of post-work bankers, lawyers and hipsters in suits and polo necks, most of them checking out the beauties sipping glasses of Graves and Chablis by the bar.’
- ‘Chardonnays, other than Chablis or those from New Zealand, tend to be low on acidity.’
- ‘Its natural appearance is a dry, high acid white wine with aromas ranging from lilies to basil, and a flavor and texture that can remind one of Chablis.’
- ‘Why does cranberry go with turkey, or Chablis with oysters?’
- ‘I love unoaked Chablis, but I still think that new or nearly new barrel fermentation is what distinguishes most of the greatest white Burgundies.’
- ‘In 1973, he launched Sommeliers, a series of wine glasses that were custom-made for Bordeaux, Burgundy, Chablis, and so on.’
- ‘The French wine selection features some good Chablis, Chardonnay, and Beuajolais, which can complement most food.’
- ‘The Chablis from Domaine Larroche, France, came next and was followed by a Chardonnay from Montes, Chile.’
- ‘These include the house white at £9.50 a bottle, Chablis at £16.50 and Chateauneuf du pape at £22 for that special occasion.’
- ‘Made in a fantastic year for white Burgundy, this organically-farmed Chardonnay is what great unoaked Chablis should be all about.’
- ‘I like Sancerres and Sauvignon Blancs and crisp Chablis with simply cooked fish.’
- ‘Three house blends are available for tasting: Chablis, grape juice and honey, and white wine.’
- ‘Burgundy, Chablis and Champagne from California are openly sold in restaurants throughout the US.’
- ‘While March saw the commencement of relaxed wine labelling laws, simply having the word Chardonnay on a bottle of Chablis or Meursault will not bring the necessary changes.’
- ‘Italian Chianti's are made with sangiovese grapes, and French Chablis are made from chardonnay grapes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.