One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any of a class of heat-resistant materials made of ceramic and sintered metal.
- ‘This new generation of cermets also is capable of handling interrupted cutting operations that before weren't feasible.’
- ‘It is the strongest structural material and is used to make parts for electrical circuits, cutting tools, cermets, and cemented carbide.’
- ‘The documents below provide information about depleted uranium use in steel cermets for spent nuclear fuel.’
- ‘The behavior of cermets under shock-wave loading conditions is examined.’
- ‘Joining titanium-carbide cermets to high-temperature alloys has been accomplished by vacuum diffusion, and gives a weld stronger than thee cermet.’
1950s: blend of ceramic and metal.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.