One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Clear watery fluid which fills the space between the arachnoid membrane and the pia mater.
- ‘Cultures of blood, cerebrospinal fluid, and lung tissue taken at autopsy were negative for Nocardia and other organisms.’
- ‘Meningitis is an infection and inflammation of the membranes and cerebrospinal fluid surrounding your brain and spinal cord.’
- ‘Diagnosis is made by culturing the blood, cerebrospinal fluid, urine and fluid from eyes, nose and mucous membranes.’
- ‘To diagnose or rule out sepsis, doctors draw blood, and sometimes examine cerebrospinal fluid and other body fluids, to look for bacteria or other pathogens.’
- ‘The ventricles each contain a choroid plexus that secretes cerebrospinal fluid.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.