Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Clear watery fluid which fills the space between the arachnoid membrane and the pia mater.
- ‘Cultures of blood, cerebrospinal fluid, and lung tissue taken at autopsy were negative for Nocardia and other organisms.’
- ‘To diagnose or rule out sepsis, doctors draw blood, and sometimes examine cerebrospinal fluid and other body fluids, to look for bacteria or other pathogens.’
- ‘Diagnosis is made by culturing the blood, cerebrospinal fluid, urine and fluid from eyes, nose and mucous membranes.’
- ‘The ventricles each contain a choroid plexus that secretes cerebrospinal fluid.’
- ‘Meningitis is an infection and inflammation of the membranes and cerebrospinal fluid surrounding your brain and spinal cord.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.