One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Clear watery fluid which fills the space between the arachnoid membrane and the pia mater.
- ‘Cultures of blood, cerebrospinal fluid, and lung tissue taken at autopsy were negative for Nocardia and other organisms.’
- ‘The ventricles each contain a choroid plexus that secretes cerebrospinal fluid.’
- ‘To diagnose or rule out sepsis, doctors draw blood, and sometimes examine cerebrospinal fluid and other body fluids, to look for bacteria or other pathogens.’
- ‘Meningitis is an infection and inflammation of the membranes and cerebrospinal fluid surrounding your brain and spinal cord.’
- ‘Diagnosis is made by culturing the blood, cerebrospinal fluid, urine and fluid from eyes, nose and mucous membranes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.