Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] Clear watery fluid which fills the space between the arachnoid membrane and the pia mater.
- ‘To diagnose or rule out sepsis, doctors draw blood, and sometimes examine cerebrospinal fluid and other body fluids, to look for bacteria or other pathogens.’
- ‘Meningitis is an infection and inflammation of the membranes and cerebrospinal fluid surrounding your brain and spinal cord.’
- ‘Cultures of blood, cerebrospinal fluid, and lung tissue taken at autopsy were negative for Nocardia and other organisms.’
- ‘The ventricles each contain a choroid plexus that secretes cerebrospinal fluid.’
- ‘Diagnosis is made by culturing the blood, cerebrospinal fluid, urine and fluid from eyes, nose and mucous membranes.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.