One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nounmass nountechnical, formal
The working of the brain; thinking.
thinking, line of thought, train of thought, thought, thought process, logic, reason, rationality, analysis, interpretation, explanation, deduction, rationalization, argumentationView synonyms
- ‘I think sometimes the stereotype of the theologian as all cerebration and no affectivity is accurate-not always by any means, thank God, but sometimes it is true.’
- ‘What the devil do they think ‘reality’ is if not the product of cerebration?’
- ‘At the risk of provoking another bout of intense cerebration, I would say: beware of overthinking it.’
- ‘Science and theology will not get us to that point, cerebration is not enough.’
- ‘I'm happy that you heeded my comments, but they're only the results of lots of experience and some basic common sense, not deep cerebration.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.