One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A prepackaged food item similar in shape to a chocolate bar, made of cereal and, typically, fruit.
- ‘I touched the screen for more choices and picked a cereal bar.’
- ‘When they got out of the car Alysha threw them each a cereal bar.’
- ‘Finish that cereal bar first, she said.’
- ‘Snacks like trail mix, dried fruits, nuts, sports bars and cereal bars can help keep your electrolytes balanced, especially on hot days when you sweat a lot.’
- ‘And tests on over 100 different cereal bars revealed as many as nine bars of certain types were needed to get as much protein as in a bowl of cereal.’
- ‘Main meals are either started or concluded with a cereal bar, depending on how greedy I feel.’
- ‘The fattiest cereal bars had 18.2 g of fat compared with 0.5 g in the least fatty.’
- ‘His anxious mother is now sending food parcels containing beef burgers, beans, fruit and cereal bars to feed him.’
- ‘Read the labels carefully, and look for cereal bars made from whole grain and low in fat.’
- ‘I grabbed my books and a cereal bar, and then walked out into the cool dawn air.’
- ‘When you go to the movies, take along a fat-free cereal bar or marshmallow bar or granola bar.’
- ‘All runners will get a medal, a bottle of water and a cereal bar at the finish line.’
- ‘A cereal bar or sandwich offers a more sustained release of energy than a sugary drink or snack.’
- ‘Anyone staying for supervised study is given a fruit drink, a cereal bar and fruit.’
- ‘I prefer to have a decent cooked breakfast before I set out, and take things like crisps, cereal bars and chocolate.’
- ‘She ran into the kitchen, grabbed a coke, and some cereal bars to go.’
- ‘Choose foods with a set portion size, such as a cereal bar or an individual packet of instant oatmeal.’
- ‘The fruit's dry pulp will be sold as an ingredient in smoothies and cereal bars.’
- ‘He shows us how to get the right mix of sweet and sour for his marinated pork chop and explains why his honey-coated cereal bars are a great energy booster.’
- ‘Some countries may not allow certain fresh foods through customs and cereal bars, crisps and biscuits may be more appropriate to carry.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.