Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An electric cooker hob made of ceramic, with heating elements fixed to its underside.
- ‘There is a range of integrated appliances including an oven, cooker and four-ring ceramic hob.’
- ‘A white china sink and ceramic hob complement the crisp clean lines.’
- ‘There are double doors leading to the kitchen which has an oak kitchen, extractor fan, electric oven and electric ceramic hob.’
- ‘A range of integrated appliances including a fridge-freezer, dishwasher, double oven and ceramic hob are included in the sale.’
- ‘It is fitted with Shaker-style maple wall and floor units and a range of integrated appliances, including an oven, grill, ceramic hob, extractor fan, fridge-freezer and washer-dryer.’
- ‘An extensive range of appliances is included in the sale including a ceramic hob, oven, Stanley gas range, fridge-freezer, dishwasher and washing machine.’
- ‘It includes a pantry, floor and eye level presses as well as a Smeg ceramic hob and wall oven.’
- ‘Integrated appliances include a four-ring Neff ceramic hob and hotplate, a wall-mounted oven and grill and double sink unit.’
- ‘There is also a microwave, fridge, dishwasher, pull-out larder unit and a ceramic hob.’
- ‘A double oven, ceramic hob, extractor unit, integrated fridge/freezer and dishwasher will form part of the sale.’
- ‘Also included are an integrated stainless steel oven, ceramic hob and dishwasher.’
- ‘Additional features include an integrated oven, ceramic hob and dishwasher as well as a coal-effect gas stove.’
- ‘The kitchen has a good selection of white fitted units as well as a larder press, built-in oven with ceramic hob and plumbing for both a dishwasher and washing machine.’
- ‘Across from it is the cooker, which I hate vigorously, its ceramic hob protected by a tea-towel.’
- ‘It is fitted with a number of integrated appliances, including a steel Ariston oven, ceramic hob and extractor, fridge freezer and dishwasher.’
- ‘First, the cat knocked her favorite vase off the window sill; a pepper pot fell out of a cupboard and broke her ceramic hob.’
- ‘‘Oh my God,’ she said dropping the pie on the ceramic hob, bits of toasted mash potato splurting everywhere.’
- ‘The kitchen floors will be tiled, while ceramic hobs, stainless steel extractors, ovens and grills will be provided as standard.’
- ‘It has maple units, a polished black marble worktop, a ceramic hob and an integrated dishwasher and washer-dryer.’
- ‘The kitchens will come with a range of integrated appliances including a stainless steel cooker with ceramic hob and stainless steel surround, fridge-freezer, washer-dryer and dishwasher.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.