One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An active predatory mollusc of the large class "Cephalopoda" , such as an octopus or squid.
- ‘A typical marine community consisted of these animals, plus red and green algae, primitive fish, cephalopods, corals, crinoids, and gastropods.’
- ‘Corals, conodonts, bivalves, brachiopods and cephalopods have comparable intracratonic distribution patterns.’
- ‘In contrast, the Frasnian / Famennian boundary did not mark a major extinction event for stemmed echinoderms as it did for corals, brachiopods, and cephalopods.’
- ‘The invasion was not limited to brachiopods but also included bryozoans, cephalopods, corals, bivalves, gastropods, trilobites, and crinoids.’
- ‘During this period the gastropods, like the cephalopods, underwent a tremendous evolutionary radiation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.