One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An active predatory mollusc of the large class "Cephalopoda" , such as an octopus or squid.
- ‘During this period the gastropods, like the cephalopods, underwent a tremendous evolutionary radiation.’
- ‘The invasion was not limited to brachiopods but also included bryozoans, cephalopods, corals, bivalves, gastropods, trilobites, and crinoids.’
- ‘Corals, conodonts, bivalves, brachiopods and cephalopods have comparable intracratonic distribution patterns.’
- ‘In contrast, the Frasnian / Famennian boundary did not mark a major extinction event for stemmed echinoderms as it did for corals, brachiopods, and cephalopods.’
- ‘A typical marine community consisted of these animals, plus red and green algae, primitive fish, cephalopods, corals, crinoids, and gastropods.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.