One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The centre of mass of a geometric object of uniform density.
- ‘The volume ratio for the sphere and cylinder can be derived from first principles without using levers and centroids.’
- ‘When three sides are concurrent, they intersect at the centroid of the triangle.’
- ‘In the first dimension of variation, both of the vectors connecting the subgroup centroids are negatively directed, whereas they are positively directed in the second.’
- ‘But our search of the literature did not uncover these exact formulas involving the centroid, even for three-dimensional space.’
- ‘Clearly the centroid of the planar region surrounded by the polygon is at point A.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.