Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A pump that uses an impeller to move water or other fluids.
- ‘The centrifugal pump allows cooling to occur by evaporation because a fine ‘mist ‘is developed due to the pump pressures created.’’
- ‘Cloudy juice from the draining tank might well be moved by means of a centrifugal pump to the fermentation tank, and most of the semi-clear and clear wines being processed are also moved using these types of pump.’
- ‘Farmers are now suffering by having to use costly submersible pumps and replacing existing centrifugal pumps.’
- ‘The LKH centrifugal pump has brought two key advantages to its users: the ability to maintain the pump simply and quickly in the field, thus increasing the customer's up time; and reducing the customer's maintenance cost.’
- ‘The best pumps to use with these products are diaphragm or centrifugal pumps because they will last much longer than other pumps.’
- ‘We used the Swiftech-recommended Eheim 1046 centrifugal pump (which was purchased separately), but even today we are still searching for more of the appropriate piping to make the thing work.’
- ‘In Belfast he spent much time investigating the properties of whirling fluids, work which led to significant improvements in the action of blowing fans, to the invention of a centrifugal pump, and to important improvements in turbines.’
- ‘The first, a 15-foot-long piece of curved pipe believed to be a casing for a centrifugal pump, had paint scuffs on it that matched the tanker's bottom paint.’
- ‘If you have a centrifugal pump check the discharge pipe to see if air is leaking in through the pump.’
- ‘The locomotive-like compressors of early days have become elegant rotary centrifugal pumps.’
- ‘A new generation of centrifugal pumps geared for the turf-irrigation market is available from Berkeley Pumps.’
- ‘High-efficiency centrifugal pumps are also available for applications that are more demanding and require more gentle product treatment.’
- ‘The Cleveland-based ice cream maker had been using a standard centrifugal pump to unload cream from tanker trucks.’
- ‘The tank has internal baffle reinforcements, a bottom loading system, a vapor recovery system, dual overfill prevention systems and an on-board diesel engine-driven centrifugal pump integrated with the self-load/off-load system.’
- ‘Manure can be transferred to storage by gravity, piston pump, pneumatic pump, or centrifugal pump.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.