A relatively simple type of fishing reel with the line winding directly on to a revolving spool.
- ‘For a first centrepin, particularly if you feel you might not get on with one and may return to the fixed spool, the Leeds Classic represents excellent value for money.’
- ‘Make sure you are holding the rod in case the carp feels the hook and bolts, and make sure you have your thumb on the drum of the centrepin to avoid overspill as it spins fast round as line is taken.’
- ‘On rivers some sort of trotting technique is ideal for the centrepin and the great thing with a centrepin is that the reel does all the work.’
- ‘But for some reason the line on the centrepin kept digging in on the cast, and going back around the reel.’
- ‘This was coupled with a Grice & Young centrepin.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.