One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A relatively simple type of fishing reel with the line winding directly on to a revolving spool.
- ‘Make sure you are holding the rod in case the carp feels the hook and bolts, and make sure you have your thumb on the drum of the centrepin to avoid overspill as it spins fast round as line is taken.’
- ‘But for some reason the line on the centrepin kept digging in on the cast, and going back around the reel.’
- ‘For a first centrepin, particularly if you feel you might not get on with one and may return to the fixed spool, the Leeds Classic represents excellent value for money.’
- ‘On rivers some sort of trotting technique is ideal for the centrepin and the great thing with a centrepin is that the reel does all the work.’
- ‘This was coupled with a Grice & Young centrepin.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.