Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The two facing middle pages of a newspaper or magazine.
- ‘As with The Guardian, a picture-based story occupies the centre spread.’
- ‘The two-page centre spread carries some interesting items which show just how far we have progressed - if at all.’
- ‘Am dead excited because I got a front cover tag (sharing the page with Britney: not something I ever thought would happen) as well as the centre spread.’
- ‘Both he, and artist David Fisher, who again has created a breathtaking trophy - this time a painting depicting the 2001 awards theme, ‘Strength to Strength’ - appear on these Business Press centre spread pages.’
- ‘Just got a copy of the Daily Sport to see my piece (the full centre spread!) which is flagged on the front page.’
- ‘It certainly didn't warrant the cover and the center spread.’
- ‘The page before the center spread includes information and ideas about how to use the Art Print in the classroom.’
- ‘Male members of the Daily Record staff have been stripping off and cavorting in the paper's centre spread to show off the changing shape of the male body.’
- ‘His mood cannot have been helped when he opened the match day programme and found a photograph of Du Wie, the recent trialist from China, adorning the centre spread.’
- ‘It was the center spread photograph of the first Communion class in Basrah, Iraq, however, that gave the strongest argument.’
- ‘Sport received special attention with a photographic montage in the centre spread, while two corporals were named overall winners at the 2003 ADF National Bodybuilding titles.’
- ‘The picture was splashed all over the centre spread of yesterday's Daily Star.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.