One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A point representing the mean position of the matter in a body or system.
- ‘With their centers of mass remaining unchanged the monomers shift away from the starting structure into different directions in conformational space.’
- ‘These variations are also evidenced by the time evolution of the distance between the centers of mass of the two structural units of the dimer.’
- ‘A major factor determining the magnitude of rolling moments following a disturbance is the vertical distance between the centers of mass and buoyancy.’
- ‘The larger-diameter beads have centers of mass that are high enough to experience the upward z-directed fields further away from the RSSE.’
- ‘Its final spin velocity depends on its initial speed and spin, the speed of the bat, and the undercut, which is the vertical distance between the centers of mass of the bat and the ball.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.